Virtual Printer allows you to ...
- generate an output in the form of standard raster or vector formats from your program;
- redirect the print job to other printer;
- modify a virtual-printed document before sending it for actual printing;
- import documents from other applications;
How the Virtual Printer works
- The user prints a document to the virtual printer from any application.
- The virtual printer intercepts the print job and saves each printed page as EMF file.
- The virtual printer converts EMF files to specified output formats. All files are saved in the current user temporary directory or specified output directory.
- The virtual printer creates an INI file with print job information and paths to the generated files.
- The virtual printer sends the path of this INI file to a specified application using one of following transfer modes:
- Command line transfer mode. The virtual printer will run the specified application with the path of the INI file in the command line parameters.
- WM_COPYDATA transfer mode. The printer runs the specified application (or looks for a running instance) and sends it the path of the INI file using a WM_COPYDATA message.
- Clipboard transfer mode. (This is obsolete and intended for legacy applications.) The printer runs the specified application (or looks for a running instance), puts the path of the INI file on the clipboard and notifies the application.
- Your application receives the INI file and parses it. Now you can perform any final actions (moving files, transferring files, etc.). You should delete files from the output directory when you are finished.
Virtual Printer demonstration
Development to order
We offer personalization of the virtual printer with your name, the install and uninstall modules, and also instructions for the integration of the virtual printer in the client application.
Virtual Printer for Developers requires a one-time fee. Distribution of the printer with your programs does not require any additional payments. We will make all additional customization to make sure that the printer fully satisfies to your requirements. A source code is also available for purchasing. Its license allows the code modifications.
Download free demo
Supported Output Formats
PostScript Virtual Printer
EMF Virtual Printer
|◊ PS (without converters from PS to other formats)
◊ EMF (and so JPG/PNG/BMP/PDF/... )
! 300x300 and 600x600 resolutions are only available.
|◊ EMF (and so JPG/PNG/BMP/PDF/... )
◊ Plain Text
Windows XP/2003/Vista/7. No 3rd party software is required.
Virtual Printer menu
Send us your comments
We're really eager to hear from you. Please send us your suggestions in one of two ways: