How to create DjVu files with DjVu Printer Pilot
Once you install the program, you will see a DjVu Printer Pilot printer in the installed printers list:
You can send documents to this printer from any application that can print a document; after printing you will have a DJVU document.
When you print a document to a DjVu Printer Pilot printer, this window will appear:
You can preview the printed document in this window before saving a DjVu file.
The page indicator is located under preview; you can go to any page of the document using four green buttons.
Also, you can navigate the documents with arrow keys and page keys:
- Left arrow or PageUp - go to the previous page;
- Right arrow or PageDown - go to the next page;
- Up arrow or Home - go to the first page;
- Down arrow or End - go to the last page.
Right-click on the preview window to view the popup menu:
Use these commands to change page order in the document or to delete pages.
You can manage document pages with shortcut keys as well:
- "Ctrl+Left arrow" or "Ctrl+PageUp" - One page back;
- "Ctrl+Right arrow" or "Ctrl+PageDown" - One page forward;
- "Ctrl+Up arrow" or "Ctrl+Home" - Make page first;
- "Ctrl+Down arrow" or "Ctrl+End" - Make page last;
- "Del" - Delete page.
A list of color settings is located on the bottom of the page.
You can choose No Colors, Half Colors Quality, Normal Colors Quality or Full Colors Quality. The default is Normal Colors Quality.
Click the Export to DjVu button to create a DjVu document. After selecting a folder where your document will be saved and specifying a file name.
The created document will be opened in WinDjView:
If you do not have WinDjView installed on your PC, you can download it for free here.